The weather data collected for a given day consists of
- The maximum temperature (F°) over a 24 hour period.
- The minimum temperature (F°) over a 24 hour period.
- Amount (in inches) of rain, melted snow, etc. that fell in the previous 24 hour period. (This includes snow and ice reported in #4 -- melted to ascertain their liquid equivalent.)
- Amount (in inches) of snow and ice pellets that fell in the previous 24 hour period.
- The level (in inches) of the snow, ice pellets, hail, ice on the ground at the Observatory.
Data is available from 1950 to the current year.
For more information about the weather archive, please email Alan Goldblatt with any questions you have.
For the years 1950 through the year previous to the current year, the data is stored in zip files. Each zip file contains all of the weather data (stored as monthly xls or xlsx files) for a given decade starting with the 1950s. Individual xlsx files are available for the current year.