From the Boston Area
Exit Logan Airport on the Access Road. At the end of the Airport Access Road, turn left onto MA Route 1A (William F. McClellan Highway). MA Route 1A will travel through a tunnel under part of Boston Harbor. After coming out of the tunnel, follow signs to I-93 North.
- Take I-93 N (toll road) to I-89 (~57 miles).
- Take I-89 N to Exit 18 in Lebanon, NH (~60 miles).
- Turn right at the end of the exit ramp onto NH Route 120.
- 4.1 miles from the exit, Rt. 120 forks at a traffic light. Bear right at the fork, following Rt. 120 (South Park Street) to the 2nd traffic light.
- Turn left at the light onto East Wheelock Street.
- Traveling along East Wheelock Street toward the Dartmouth Green, take the first right after Alumni Gym (on left) onto Observatory Road.
- Once on Observatory Road, go up the hill and through one intersection. The Observatory is on the right as you reach the top of the hill. The Department of Physics and Astronomy is located in Wilder Laboratory on the left.
Total mileage:127 miles
Approximate driving time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Map - Logan International Airport to Hanover, NH
Map - Observatory Road/Wilder Laboratory