Dartmouth College has records of weather observations dating back to 1827. Observations dating back to 1950 are available online.
The weather data collected for a given day consists of
- The maximum temperature (F°) at the end of a 24 hour period.
- The minimum temperature (F°) at the end of a 24 hour period.
- Amount (in inches) of rain, melted snow, etc. that fell in the previous 24 hour period.
- Amount (in inches) of snow and ice pellets that fell in the previous 24 hour period.
- The level (in inches ) of the snow, ice pellets, hail, ice on the ground at the Observatory.
Data is available from 1950 to the current year.
For more information about the weather archive, please email Jan Largent with your suggestions.
For the years 1950-2013, the data is stored in zip files. Each zip file contains all of the weather data (stored as monthly xls files) for a given decade starting with the 1950s. Individual xls files are available for the current year.